Saturday, June 7, 2014

Final Potato Harvest 6-7-14


I planted 5 Russet potato plants this year. Today I dug up the remaining 4 plants for a total yield for the 5 plants of 6.96 lbs. The larger potatoes in the photo weighed 11.0, 9.0, 11.5 and 11.5 ounces.


Today's harvest of tomatoes.


The large tomatoes I grow are called "Celebrity" they do well in the Florida heat and sun. This is the first one this season weighing 7.25 oz.


Today's harvest of Cherry Tomatoes was 24.5 oz.
To date 84.5 oz total or 5.28 lbs. from just three Cherry plants have been harvested. More are on the way!




5 comments:

  1. Nice BTW we call Cherry Tomatoes Kymber Tomatoes just so ya know. Sci chick has the info if you're interested but cherry tomatoes = Kymber Tomatoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look into that :-) Cherries are Kymbers !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,

    Nice looking harvest!!!

    What will you be making with your potato harvest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'm not a Kymber type cook I'm sure it will be the typical....fried, mashed, baked or french fries. :-)

      Delete
  4. Nice! Our garden here in the PNW is just coming on; potatoes are beginning to flower as are tomatoes. Lots of lettuce being picked lately, though! I will be posting garden and homestead pics later this week, likely this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome!